Time For Renewal and New Growth
-by George Schoendorfer, Right-aging™ Specialist, Author
The blooming flowers, tender greens, and fresh air nourish and invigorate our soul in the spring and summertime. Spring and summer is the time for new growth, new creation, and awakening, both physically and emotionally, as well as spiritually. In the beginning of the year, many of us made goals and intentions for 2015. Let’s support this path for a healthy and happy YOU!
One of the key elements for success in health, during spring and summertime, is ‘spring cleaning’. The liver and gallbladder energy systems are the most active during the spring, and the liver and intestine systems during the summer, creating a greater opportunity for cleansing and rejuvenation of the body and soul. Read the following questionnaire and notice if you have problems in any of the listed areas. If you do, this could indicate that your liver and gallbladder system may be imbalanced or blocked.
Self Check Questionnaire for a Healthy Spring
- How is my energy? Do I feel like my winter fatigue is still lingering?
- How is my immune system? Allergies? Frequent colds?
- How is my digestion? Any chronic acid reflux of bowel irregularities?
- How is my metabolism? Am I working toward or maintaining a healthy weight?
- Do I have chronic pain issues such as migraines, headaches, and muscle tension?
- How is my sleep?
- How am I managing stress and anger?
Talk to your practitioner about your challenges with any of the issues listed above.
Spring and summer are great opportunities to support your healing in these areas. A healthy spring will further support you to have a healthy summer, autumn, and winter.
Key Foods and Healthy Guidelines for Spring and Summer Renewal and Wellness
The liver and gallbladder systems are perhaps the most congested of all organs in modern people.
Excess unhealthy fat, protein, sugars, chemicals, intoxicants, and denatured highly processed foods all disrupt the intricate biochemical process of the liver.
Avoid these foods, especially during springtime. Incorporate the following ‘power foods’ and lifestyle suggestions instead, to help cleanse and rejuvenate the liver/gallbladder system and to keep your body thriving.
These foods are rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients, and essential vitamins and minerals that help cleanse and renew the liver system, boost immunity, increase metabolic rate, and decrease inflammation.
- Eat plenty of the following fruits and vegetables:
- Make sure to hydrate by drinking plenty of water.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep. Be in bed by 11pm.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise is one of the best ways to move stagnant liver qi on a daily basis.
At I Am Equilibrium™ and Your Peak Wellness™, we specialize in unique tactics and strategies for Right-Aging™. We also offer classes and products to support your journey to Peak Health and Wellness, including foods, and supplements.
We, the entire staff at I Am Equilibrium and Your Peak Wellness, wish you a wonderful spring and summer!
See you soon!